Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Forgiveness and Peace

I am humbled today.  I have been dealing with a lot of things in my walk with God.  I have had many convictions lately regarding different areas of my attitude. One of which came in the form of hearing something repeated back to me, that was said by another...about me.  Ouch!  That didn't feel good.  I had to swallow my pride and let go of the hurt that started to stir up inside of me.  By God's grace, I can honestly say that I now feel a peace in a place that would have drove me up the wall with bitterness before.  I am so thankful for God's forgiveness and mercy in my life.  I am in awe of the greatness of our God!  He is always there when we call on Him, ready to guide us and love us through it all! 

Therefore we do not lose heart.  Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.  For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.  ~2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering: bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.  ~Colossians 3: 12 - 13

No comments:

Post a Comment