Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Organized Bliss???

Okay, I have to admit that maybe I was overly optimistic (just a tad) about getting my house completely cleaned and organized from top to bottom in one week.  I had a great start, but didn't count on getting sick in the middle of it.  I think I wore myself out!  The good news is, it has only been 2 weeks since I started, and I am almost finished!  I have been gleaning many wonderful tips and bits of advice from various blogs, websites, and home organization books.  One of my favorites was to put all of our DVD's into a DVD wallet, (or in our case, 3), and get rid of all of the empty movie cases.  What a difference this has made!  You would not believe the amount of weight and space they took up before.  I have also had to get creative with storing our clothes, as the bedrooms and closets in our home are small.  I have clear totes that slide under the beds to hold clothes, as well as an over-the-door shoe hanger, re-purposed for small items, such as socks.  This I hung on the inside of our closet door.  I have also been keeping to a home keeping schedule. Today was the beginning of the 3rd week of doing this routine.  Today was Tuesday, which is to focus on the bedrooms.  One part of it, is changing the bed sheets.  I make it a point to have all of my laundry caught up, so that I can get all of the bedding through the wash on that day.  I love doing this weekly!  I read such an inspiring blog post about making our beds to the glory of God.  You can check it out here: http://raisinghomemakers.com/
It has been a blessing to our entire family to have a routine that we stick to.  It has made such a difference in our home.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I have been trying to get more organized too! We changed all of the bedrooms around and got rid of tons of "trash" the kids had been saving up! My husband kinda makes fun of me because I change the rooms around but I feel like it is the only way I can really go through things and decluter :) I loved the blog about making our beds and I am saving it for my daughters! Hope you have a great week!
    PS they have the schedule up for the convention, can't wait to meet up with you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Especially since I am going to be living in tight quarters. I will definitely be needing some more tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE to change around our rooms, too! It does feel like things get better organized that way. We are so excited for the convention and are looking forward to meeting you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleenie ~
    Thank you for your feedback! I will be posting more tips soon! :)

    ReplyDelete