Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, January 30, 2011

In The Kitchen

Today was a productive day.  I cooked all afternoon.  I made enough meals to last for a few days.  That should help us this week, as we have a full schedule.  My girls made pancakes to have ready for tomorrow morning.  They also helped me to make cornbread and hummus.  Some other things we made were meatloaf, steamed veggies, cabbage, and homemade cheese and basil polenta!  This should help our week to get off to a great start! 
For school, one of our studies is from the "I Want To Be Series" by The Old Schoolhouse.  It is on becoming a doctor.  One of the fun activities mentioned in it, is to make a jello mold with various fruits or gummy candy in it.  Once it is set, you let the children perform pretend surgery on it, (with a plastic knife), removing the fruit and candy.  We are planning on doing that tomorrow...my kids are sooo excited!  : )
We are also trying out some new curriculum! They are Learning Language Arts Through Literature, and also Biology by Real Science 4 Kids.  We start our new schooling schedule, (with our new items), tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. I keep saying that I want to make ahead some meals but have yet to do any :( I made a meal to take to a friend that just had a baby last week and went ahead doubled it so our's was ready that night too and loved it. I just need motivation to get it all done at once! Is there something that helps you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times when I struggle with finding the motivation to cook. I LOVE to cook, but find it daunting at the end of a long school day. I would suggest to pick an afternoon that you have free, (mine was last Sunday.) I was reminding myself the whole time, that the more meals I made then, the less I would have to worry about, throughout the week. Of course it was nice to have help from my daughters! That made it all the more fun! : )
    We are planning on making one day a week our cooking/baking day. I think that will help, to be on a schedule. Another thought, if you don't have time to pick one day...just make it a habit to double all or even a few of the dinners you make during the week. Whenever you double a meal, plan to have the extra later in the week, or freeze it! Before you know it, you will have a nice collection of homemade frozen meals to choose from when you need them.

    ReplyDelete