Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Simplicity




Simplify~
 

 to make less complicated, clearer, or easier


In trying to organize our home, I started to realize just how much stuff we had that we didn't need.  It almost seemed as if a light bulb went off in my head...why on earth do we have 20 dish towels, when we could get by with 5?  Or do my daughters really need so many clothes, that they overflow out of their dresser drawers? We have been blessed with hand-me -down clothes over the years, but I have had a tendency to hang on to everything.  
As the old saying goes, You can't organize clutter!
So, I started with all of our clothing.  I ended up taking several bags to goodwill.  Now my girls have a much easier time not only keeping their clothes put away, but also keeping their rooms picked up and clean.  (I had each one of them go through their toys to donate the items that they no longer played with.)  This has felt so liberating, and peaceful!  Why did I not realize this sooner?  It has motivated me to simplify other areas of our home as well.  It is a work in progress.  I am absolutely loving the results of simplifying!   

 





 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just seen this post today (Monday) and have just started doing this myself. Today I only got to a couple of draws in the kitchen and some clothes though. I am not sure why I thought I needed 4 "junk" draws? lol

    ReplyDelete