Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Praising Our Children

One of my favorite verses is, Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.  ~Philippians 4:8

Having had the privilege of hearing Michelle Duggar speak at the convention, there is something that she said that really stuck with me.  She advised us to praise our children, 10 times more than we correct them.  We can praise them, not by flattery, but by pointing out a certain character quality that we notice in them.  Our children naturally want to please us.  When they feel that we cherish and value them, they will respond much better to correction.   This was such a good reminder for me!  I want my girls to remember me as a mom who smiled at them, loved them, cheered them on, and valued them!

Today I am linking up with Women Living Well!  This blog is one of my favorites!!!
                                                       

1 comment: